Friday, July 25, 2008

Good distractions


People often ask me how I decide what to blog about. Sometimes there are obvious things that I want to share (like when I discover an incredibly good restaurant), or cool events happening in the wedding industry, or fun finds that I just can’t keep to myself.

Other times, like today, material just presents itself without much rhyme or reason. Case in point, this is the dialogue that was running through my head this morning:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Yay, it’s Friday!

Oh, the Bridal Expo starts today.

Everyone’s probably setting up their booths right now.

Maybe I should have reserved a booth this year.

No, I needed a little break and some extra time to catch up on some projects.

But I’m going to miss out on meeting lots of cool people....like when I first launched Emi Ink at the Bridal Expo.

Hey, it’s been THREE YEARS since we launched!!

Ooh, I need to do a birthday post today to celebrate my 3rd anniversary!

I need something cute…like a cake with candles.

No, cuter…like a cupcake!

Maybe I can find a yummy red velvet cupcake?

Or, I could repost that pic of the cupcake I scarfed down in Seattle?

No, I need something more special…like a handmade cupcake…from Etsy!

Wow, someone is making cupcake rings?

And necklaces?

Oh, and sweet little happy face clouds with shooting stars?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And so it went... That’s how I discovered the whimsical stuff from Metal Sugar. And that’s why I got distracted and decided to put off my anniversary post ‘til later this month.