Monday, July 21, 2008

Design inspiration

Shame on me. I've been wanting to write about this for over a year now. I have a (sometimes) bad habit of needing to wait for just the right moment to do something. But over 365 days' worth of moments have passed so I'm putting my neurotic tendency aside for the good of this blog.

See the beautiful piece of art to to the left? It's cool. Very cool. And here's why:

1) It's collapsible.
2) It turns your ordinary glass jars into works of art.
3) It's just so pretty!

I found this vase cover by Artecnica when I popped into Zinc Details in San Francisco last year. It was love at first sight. The delicate metal design is an intricate weave of flowers and vines and sweet little birds. I circled this piece three times before I snatched it up and headed to the cash register.

If I had to plan another wedding, I'd use this vase cover as my design inspiration.