Monday, July 28, 2008

You light up my life


Having finally gotten over an unhealthy obsession with candles, I recently found a suitable replacement...lanterns. I've always loved the look of outdoor wedding receptions with strings of beautiful paper lanterns illuminating the night's festivities.

I picked up a string of 3" cherry blossom lanterns on clearance at World Market a couple months back, and then a few days later I received a teardrop Soji lantern in the mail from a friend who, I'm convinced, possesses great psychic powers. The cool thing about the Soji lantern is its tiny solar panel that soaks up sunlight during the day and creates a soft glow at night. There's just something about my lantern that brings a much needed zen moment into my day.

If you need more zen for your reception, check out the Paper Lantern Store for inspiration.