Friday, July 25, 2008

Got inspiration?


In the early stages of planning, some brides like to put together inspiration boards to represent the different aspects of their wedding: their favorite cake, the perfect gown, the "must have" favors that will match perfectly with their couture linens. Well, I love looking at people's inspiration boards and enjoy putting them together for clients, too!

Recently, one of my clients emailed me photos of a few bouquets and table arrangements she liked so we could try and match her invitations to her vibrant color scheme. The colorful and bold inspiration board pictured above is what I first presented her with and she selected the colors and patterns that matched their wedding theme the best.

Sometimes, however, we start from scratch. If I meet with a couple early enough in the planning process, they may not have decided on colors or a particular theme yet. And that's when I know we can have some real fun! Basically, we have a blank slate before us, I ask a bunch of questions, and then throw out ideas or hunt down an array of paper in different colors, patterns, textures...anything that I think matches the couple's style.


Oftentimes, a carefully selected color scheme or pattern will inspire the entire look and feel of the wedding...so choose wisely, my friends.