Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'll smell you later


Confession: I love to visit my friend's bathroom.

Without fail, stepping into her guest bathroom always lifts my spirits. It's not the wall of family photos that greets you just outside the door, and it's not the whimsical little paper umbrellas that hang from the ceiling. It's the amazing soap bar that sits next to her sink.

You know how the Bath and Body Works shops line up their tester bottles of moisturizers all in a row for you to sniff your heart out? Swap out moisturizers for hand soaps and that's my friend's bathroom. I admit that my bathroom visits are extra long because I can never decide which of the dozen(?) soaps I'd like to try. There's only one thing that keeps me from being overcome with bathroom envy...and that's my own bathroom.

About nine months ago, my life changed when I discovered the Archipelago Botanicals Pomegranate Collection. It was love at first smell when I picked up the dry oil body spray at Chemistry Bath and Body at Pearlridge Uptown. Then this past Christmas, my you-can't-top-this-bathroom-friend gifted me with a 32 oz. bottle of the Pomegranate Body Wash. I need to repeat that this bottle is 32 ounces. It's going to last me all year...and I couldn't be happier! After years of experimenting and building up my collection of Bath and Body Works soaps and shower gels, my bathroom has unexpectedly become a one-scent wonder. Who would've guessed??