Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Smaller than a breadbox

Sometimes I fall victim to clever marketing. It doesn't matter what the product is really...if it's strikes a certain this-is-a-cool-product-that-might-change-your-life chord with me, I'll buy it. Even if I don't need it. And a few days ago, the chord was struck and I purchased this:
It's marketed as the anti-bottle because it's not only reusable, it's foldable. When the "bottle" is not in use, you can roll it up all neat and tidy. I liked that it came with a color-coordinated caribiner and think it would be cool to use while traveling. I imagine it would be easy to slip into the seat pocket in front of you on planes and wouldn't be as awkward and bulky as traditional plastic water bottles. The biggest question I have is how easy it will be to keep clean. I'll have to take it for a test spin and see how it performs.

Don't know why I'm so obsessed with water bottles, but since this is an "anti-bottle" it doesn't really count, right? I'm just hoping that it will play nicely with my Nalgene, CamelBak and Sigg bottles already sitting on the shelf!

If you get sucked in by the marketing, too, you can purchase it locally on Oahu at Red Pineapple for $10.

No comments: