Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gray skies are gonna clear up...

After I posted about my extra "gray" week yesterday, along comes this huge explosion of color today. It came in the form of a long overdue lunch with a girlfriend at Indigo restaurant:

I always tell myself not to let the buffet line servers overload my plate, but it's hard to resist all the brightly colored dishes. I ended up with a plate full of yumminess which filled me up pretty good. But then the waitress brought the dessert menu and I read the words,"Warm Soft Chocolate Cloud in High Heaven." Seriously, how can you NOT order something with the words "chocolate cloud" in it, let alone if it's in "high heaven?"
So, after a splitting a chocolate cloud and a plate full of fresh fruit with my girlfriend, I returned home vowing to not eat for the rest of the day. But just as I was taking my shoes off, I heard half a doorbell. It's funny, I just heard the "ding" and waited about ten seconds for the "dong" which never came, so I guess our bell is broken. Finally opened the door despite the missing "dong" and saw our neighbor's daughter holding a red velvet, Helly Kitty cupcake on a paper plate. It was her birthday and she wanted to spread the joy. So sweet, and lucky for me that birthday calories don't count (even when it's not MY birthday).

Thoroughly enjoyed my colorful Tuesday.

No comments: