Friday, December 15, 2006

Cold Hand Luke


I admit it. I have cold hands. Even as I’m typing now, I can feel that my fingertips are a little chilled. That would be great if I were a shrimp cocktail, but…

Anyway, many years ago I was shopping at REI and found these cool warmers in the camping aisle. I was skeptical at first, but decided to buy a pair to try out. I ripped open the wrapper, exposed the pouch to air, and bingo! I was an instant convert. I made sure I packed them in my pockets on every snowboarding trip, snow-shoeing expedition (alright, I only went on one of these), and every time the temperature dipped below 50 degrees.

So when I started planning my New Year’s trip to Chicago, these hand warmers were at the top of my “must bring” list. They’re really meant for extreme weather conditions and emergency situations, but I think a Hawaii girl walking around the bone-chilling streets of the WINDY CITY is pretty extreme, right? My fiancé laughs at the ten pairs of hand warmers sitting on my shelf, but he grew up with that kind of weather. He just doesn’t understand. Now, I wonder what he’ll think when I tell him that I want to try out those big adhesive body warmers in the produce section of the Waipio Costco?

No comments: