Sunday, December 17, 2006

I do believe...I do believe

Once upon a time, there lived a disillusioned bride who thought that purchasing bridesmaid dresses would be a snap. The fact that one of her bridesmaids lived thousands of miles across the Pacific Ocean posed no challenge to the bride, for she decided to buy off-the-rack dresses that would require minimal alterations. The bride hit the malls with a vengeance, only to turn up empty handed at the end of each shopping trip. Then one day, the bride decided to venture into the land of online shopping and was lured in by the promise of free shipping and a no-hassle return policy. The bride searched high and low for the one thing that was more elusive than the Wizard of Oz…a simple black dress that would be elegant yet casual enough for an outdoor evening wedding, would flatter all body types, and would not break the bank.

After hours of searching, the bride found what she was looking for…in the CLEARANCE section! She wept with joy as she saw that all the sizes she wanted were still in stock! She quickly entered her credit card number, congratulated herself on the best purchase in all of the kingdom, and lived happily ever after.

Or so she thought.

Alright, what I didn’t know was that the sizing of the dresses was on the small side. I was faced with the dilemma of having to find a larger size for a dress that was no longer available. After checking with the store, I jumped on a couple of different forums in hopes that I would find someone selling the exact dress I was looking for. Lo and behold, someone in Queens, NY had the dress in the right size…but the wrong color. Well, it was ebay to the rescue! I found what I needed for 1/4 the price and I didn’t even have to engage in a bidding war. If I wasn't already a believer in the magical power of ebay, I’d sure be one now.

No comments: