Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fish or chicken?


Did I think that I was actually going to continue to eat sensibly during the holidays? I did try...maybe not that hard...but I had good intentions. What ultimately got me this year were the holiday parties. It's just not possible to stick to healthy, nutritious foods when you've got never-ending buffet tables or "to die for" desserts staring you in the face. A week ago I attended a fancy shmancy cocktail party and remembered a tip I'd heard from the "experts" a while back: skip the dinner plate and opt for the smaller salad plate instead. That's exactly what I did. I loaded that salad plate with so many canapes that in the end, it weighed more than I did...and then I went back for seconds. I'm sure I burned off some calories while making that beeline to the chocolate fondue, though!

Well, I forgave myself for over-indulging at that party just in time to enjoy our tasting at the hotel where we're holding our wedding reception. Talk about good eats. We had so many tasty entrees to try and nothing disappointed. Our tasting also turned into a productive meeting with the catering manager so we were able to discuss all the reception details that I had overlooked. Who knew that there would be so many minute details involved in creating the simplest of receptions?


No comments: