Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas cheer


There’s less than a week ‘til Christmas and my refrigerator is covered with holiday cards from family and friends. I received one a few days ago from a dear friend of mine who created a photo collage of “big moments” in her son’s life over the past year. I look forward to her card every year because although I see her all the time, I don’t get to see her son nearly as often. It’s always amazing to see how much he’s grown and matured.

Then there’s the card from an old colleague that I used to work with in California. She has three adorable poodles (Pogo, Polly and Porter House) and hosts a fabulous holiday party at her house every year that I’m determined to go to one of these days!

Well, in the middle of all the cheery cards on my refrigerator, is one that I received from a past client. Part of the card is pictured above (the photo bears no resemblance to the real couple…well, maybe if you squint really hard and turn the lights down). I had so much fun working with this couple and their card definitely brought a smile to my face! It also made me realize just how many of my clients will be spending their first Christmas together as husband and wife, some of whom are already expecting their first child. Now there’s a warm and fuzzy thought!

Perhaps next year I’ll actually get around to mailing out my Christmas cards before Christmas…or at least before Easter.

No comments: