Thursday, April 22, 2010

Loving the earth


There are a lot of people out there working hard to preserve this earth. You might not think that a stationery designer could be one of those people, but I try to do my part. I save every salvageable scrap from every project I have in order to reuse, recycle, upcycle, or donate. My scraps of paper have found their way into schools and crafting clubs, onto greeting cards and gift packaging....and occasionally even hitch a ride to who-knows-where via the bottom of my husband's feet.

The largest paper supplier I work with strives to be environmentally conscious by offering green products and using biodegradable or recyclable packing materials. Most of the papers that I purchase and use for my clients have components of recycled products and are processed chlorine free.

Just something to think about the next time you need business cards, envelopes, letterhead...the earth will thank you. Happy Earth Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Earth Day!