Monday, April 26, 2010

Fashionista paperie


Earlier this month, I made a quick visit to Ward Center and literally almost ran into some exquisitely dressed mannequins. Students from the UH Manoa Apparel Design and Merchandising program were competing in a Go Green Fashion Competition and the outfits and accessories were created with recyclable materials. My favorites showcased the creative use of paper like the two entries pictured above.

The paper fringe dress on the left was stunning and I only wish that I had a better picture of the top half of the dress which featured a strapless, sweetheart neckline. The black and white cocktail dress on the right was decked out in gorgeous roses...and I love the black piping just above the bustline.

Hmm, anyone interested in a paper gown for their wedding?