Friday, April 23, 2010

The lost design

It's like coming up with a new recipe but not having anyone to taste it. Or finding the perfect painting but not having a wall to hang it on.

From time to time, I design invitations for clients that end up on the "cutting room floor," so to speak. For one reason or another, these design concepts remain just that and never make it to fruition.

This is the story of one such design...


This invitation is definitely labor-intensive, but I love the look of the handcrafted pocket. I used a Japanese weaved cane paper and paired it with deep pink and bronze cardstocks. Light amethyst Swarovski crystals embellish the pink pineapple for a nice balance of tropical inspiration and elegance.

I hope to adding this design, or a similar version, to my web site shortly!

No comments: