Thursday, October 23, 2008

Designing with paper

Every so often, someone emails me something that completely takes my breath away. Yesterday, was one of those days. I was sent a link to this blog post, which led me to the incredible web site of David Stark (beware, there's sound on the site), which then led me to David's blog that showcases his wonderfully creative designs.

What do I love about David Stark's designs? Could it be the playfulness...or the innovation...or the absolutely ingenius way in which paper is often used as a decorating medium? All of the above, please.

Take this stunning set up that he designed for the re-opening of the Minneapolis Institute of the Arts. The entire decor for this 1000+ person gala was created with paper. I would LOVE to do something like this one day!