Monday, October 6, 2008

Anpanman

I've yet to blog about my recent trip to Japan in part because I still need a little time to decompress. There are two types of vacations people take: one full of rest and relaxation or one full of non-stop activity. Ours was the latter with little time to rest our weary limbs.

But our high-octane vacay did manage to rejuvenate me (mentally, at least!) and left me with a renewed sense of inspiration and motivation. Unexpectedly, I also discovered my latest muse: Anpanman.



Anpanman has nothing to do with weddings, or paper, or anything remotely related to my daily life. He's a popular Japanese anime character whose head is made of bread and filled with sweetened red bean paste. He's your basic superhero that flys, battles the bad guys, and feeds poor hungry souls by breaking off pieces of his edible face.

*I'll pause here while you take that all in.*

I love bread. I love sweet an. I love that kids in Japan look up to a superhero born in a bakery.

More of my vacation highlights to come!