Wednesday, May 25, 2011

inspiration anywhere #2: socks

Today's inspiration comes from a sock. This sock would feel incredibly out of place in my dresser drawer amongst my white, whiter, and whitest socks. It would also feel out of place in my husband's dresser drawer amongst the sea of black socks. But here, where inspiration abounds, it feels right at home. Here's the glorious red and white striped, knee-high sock:


And the invitation design that it inspired:

I started with the vibrant red color and the crisp white stripes first. Then I added in the curved lines on the top and bottom. The pairing of red and white gave off a Valentine's vibe to me so I just went with it and used a playful font and added a heart embellishment for an added touch of whimsy.


1 comment:

Sonya said...

Can you teach me time management?!? How do you have the time to work on your business, blog AND create samples???