Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In a holding pattern?

I had the pleasure of meeting Kristin Kato of A Cake Life a couple of days ago and we quickly bonded over the creative outlets that our respective businesses provide, the wonderful world of blogging, and our personal design styles. (I'll wait to share more about Kristin because her talent and artistry deserves an entry of its own!)

At some point during our conversation, I brought out my paper swatch books and I told her that I wished that more of my clients felt comfortable using prints and patterns versus the solid cardstock that most of them select for their wedding stationery. It wasn't until I was updating my production schedule today that I remembered that I have three jobs coming up that will indulge my pattern obsession!

This first pattern has a tropical feel, but I love that the leafy outlines are thin and not overpowering. For me, it represents that "tropical elegance" that's sometimes hard to capture.

Purple is definitely a "hot" color this season and I can't wait to complete my pocketfold invitations using this deep purple brocade pattern. The interior invitation will feature text only so as not to compete with the intricate design.

The third pattern is a lovely pairing of aquamarine and Tiffany blue. I love that each individual element of this pattern could be a beautiful embellishment on its own. Altogether, the print is simply gorgeous.
Join me in my quest to give prints and patterns the attention they deserve!