Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fold it, wrap it, glue it

Less than a week to go until the DIY Workshop at The Wedding Cafe! This "speed crafting" night is always fun and definitely keeps me on my toes as I attempt to teach a project in ten minutes flat to four rotating groups of brides over the course of the evening. The key, I think, is keeping the project simple enough to demo without a lot of detailed instructions, yet universal enough that brides personalize it in their own way should they want to do something similar for their wedding.

The "ingredients" for my project this time around are shown above: 2" x 2" x 2" die-cut favor boxes, strips of washi paper and oh-so-sparkly rhinestone buckles. The only pieces not shown are the satin ribbons that go with the buckles.

Hope the project goes over well!

1 comment:

T said...

Ooh, pretty! I'll be there - looking forward to it!