Thursday, September 23, 2010

Color + Inspiration

I don't ever seem to have enough downtime to check out the latest and greatest in wedding trends, but when I can steal a moment away from design/production, my "go to" resource is the mile-long list of blogs that I have in my Google Reader queue. It doesn't stop there, though. I start reading one blog, then click on a link to another blog, then another, and then before I know it, I've fully embarked on a fun version of leapfrog - er, leapblog?

Last week, I came across this fun blog and instantly knew the potential value to brides trying to figure out a possible color scheme for their weddings. It's The Perfect Palette, and the feature that I found most helpful was being able to click on a specific color (located in the left sidebar) and seeing multiple inspiration boards pop up that include that particular color. I clicked on "Plum" and zeroed in on this plum and pink color scheme complete with bridesmaid dresses, florals, and even a whimsical hairpiece. Lots of brides build their own inspiration boards based on magazine tear sheets or web site photos, but this might be good place to start for that extra inspiration!


Image from www.theperfectpalette.blogspot.com

1 comment: