Sunday, September 26, 2010

Benny and the Jets

Got caught up in some work this morning and almost missed the Blue Angels performance this afternoon. Luckily, we were able to speed over to my old intermediate school and stake out a prime viewing spot on the grassy area, behind the buildings, overlooking Kaneohe Bay. We weren't the only ones with this brilliant idea, though. Lots of people were already there with beach blankets and folding chairs and...dogs. Lots and lots of dogs. So many dogs, in fact, that it resembled a dog park. This is where I met "Benny", a spunky Bichon mix that was more excited to mingle with his four-legged friends than take in all the action overhead. (By the way, I've changed Benny's name to protect his identity...Benny likes his privacy),

Here's Benny...
And, here's "The Jets"...
 
Wish I brought along my bigger camera, but at least I had my phone to snap a few shots. Loved the precision flying, loved reading the letters on the bottom of the jets as the flew over our heads, loved how my ears had to wait a few seconds to catch up to my eyes. (I know that there's a scientifically correct way to address the whole speed of sound thing, but I like thinking of my ears and eyes in a race, with my eyes actually winning one for a change.)

Great way to spend a "quiet" Sunday afternoon!

No comments: