Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Island hopping...a quick respite

I'm trying hard not to get bogged down by the tiniest of details that creep into every day. Consultations, proposals, design, research, etc. Also attempting to take on the role of "efficiency expert" in my own business...challenging, but necessary. Too bad that every time I want to point a finger at someone, that someone is me!

Already wishing that I was back here (my weekend getaway with the family back in July):



Loved seeing the larger than life sculptures on display at the Grand Wailea. The piece shown above is by Satoru Abe, the one below is by Esther Shimazu.


Had a really lovely stay at the hotel. My favorite memories were the morning walks through the grounds, lounging by the pool with Eat, Pray, Love in one hand and a blended mojito in the other, and sitting out on the lanai of our suite while desperately wishing I could freeze time.

We decided to limit our activities so we could fully enjoy the hotel amenities, but we did manage to squeeze in a few low-key things.

En route to Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm, I spotted this picturesque structure and had to snap a quick photo:








Of course, my camera was just getting warmed up for all the beauty at the farm. Both the protea and hydrangea blossoms were h-u-g-e!


And there was this little guy that was hanging around without a care in the world:


We hit up the Surfing Goat Dairy, too, and munched on a goat cheese sampler plate.



Ahh, counting down til my next vacay...

No comments: