Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010


Hello 2010,

I can't believe you're here already. It feels like you arrived earlier than usual...like months ahead of schedule? No? It's just me, then.

We're only four days in and you've already made your presence known. No signs of holiday decorations in sight, no holiday leftovers in the fridge, no memory of any holiday madness or overeating whatsoever.

After much thought, I've decided to skip the resolutions this year and opt for my husband's suggestion of 2010 THEMES. Nothing new or shocking, just the tried and true: live healthy, be kind to the soul, nurture relationships with loved ones...if something clashes with any of our themes, then it's not a good fit and we'll just pass on it. It seems to make perfect sense, although I suspect that "themes" will be just as challenging to maintain as "resolutions."

A toast to the NEW YEAR and the many wonderful surprises that it holds!