Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A day of work, flaxseed and poppies



Had a wonderfully productive day yesterday:
  • caught up on some emails
  • enjoyed a hearty breakfast of flaxseed meal pancakes (lovingly made by my husband
  • ordered materials
  • unpacked a handful of boxes in my studio (yes, STILL trying to get organized here in my not-so-new space)
  • emailed two sets of digital proofs
  • had a phone consultation with an out-of-state bride
  • salad for lunch
  • packed and mailed invitations to a lovely bride on the Big Island
  • snuck in a light snack before I hit the road (it was a bean brownie...and, yes, you're spotting a trend with the foods I'm eating)
  • met with three clients at The Wedding Cafe (gobbled down a chicken walnut salad - no dressing - during my ten minute break)

The poppies photo above is exactly what I pictured in my head when my first bride explained their wedding colors and inspiration: peach/cream + wildflowers. I immediately thought about the beautiful, expansive poppy field in "The Wizard of Oz"...minus the part about Dorothy and company being magically lulled into a deep sleep by the evil witch. I'll present the bride and groom with my proposal in a day or two and am excited at the prospect of bringing these poppies to life!

On busy days like this, it can be challenging to keep the energy up in back-to-back meetings, especially during the evening hours. What makes it enjoyable, though, is getting to meet such nice people! Day in and day out, I work with happy people in love...people who are planning for one of the biggest celebrations in their lives. This is something that I don't take lightly and never take for granted.