Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bottoms up


It's not even ten in the morning and I'm thinking about cocktails. I blame my wonderfully creative clients who have planned out every detail of their wedding to perfection including the offering of a signature cocktail.

Serving wine, beer and a signature cocktail is a great (and cost-effective) alternative to having a full bar. Dream up a specialty drink that complements your color scheme or unique wedding locale and your guests will be in awe. It's a special little touch that you can add, and you don't even need to be a skilled mixologist. Talk with your caterer about serving your signature cocktail and then let the fun begin! I meandered my way over to the Cocktail Times web site and found a photo of one of the most gorgeous cocktails I've ever seen. It's called a Black Orchid and it's the crème de violette that gives the drink its beautiful lavender color. Just perfect.