Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blend of cultures + music to my ears


I had a fun meeting at The Wedding Cafe yesterday with a client who's looking to weave Jewish, Chinese and Hawaiian-inspired traditions into her summer wedding. It's such a treat to meet couples who seamlessly blend together their rich cultural traditions in order to transform their wedding into a deeply personal, and wonderfully unique celebration. I'm so honored to be creating this couple's wedding stationery and am excited to see the culmination of our months of discussions and planning!

After I wrapped up my meeting, I stopped to chat for a few minutes with Pumehana Davis Wadsworth. Pumehana is an incredibly talented harpist (I was thrilled to have her play at my wedding!) who performs at The Wedding Cafe on selected Wednesdays...and has recently added regular performances at Stage Restaurant at the Honolulu Design Center on Friday nights. After hearing Pumehana play on many occasions, I've realized that there just isn't a genre of music that she can't rock. If you're looking for a classic addition to your wedding, look no further: www.harphawaii.com.