Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hello old friend!


Some people aren't very impressed with the new Nordstrom store that recently opened up at Ala Moana Shopping Center. I'm not one of those people.

When I first got wind that Nordstrom would be making its Hawaii debut this year, I was thrilled. Having lived in the Bay Area for awhile, I had come to love this chic department store and waited with baited breath until I could once again put my Nordstrom credit card to good use. Even my husband, bless his heart, understood my excitement and presented me with a Nordstrom gift card at Christmas so I could shop to my heart's content once the store officially opened.

I checked out the store during its grand opening weekend, but not wanting to feel pressured by the frenzied crowd of shoppers, I kept my gift card safely in my purse. There's just something about an unused gift card in your wallet that makes you feel EMPOWERED!

However, when one must make the choice between the feeling of empowerment or two pairs of cute shoes, there's really no comparison. For me, the shoes will always reign victorious. Shocking.

Thanks to a fun girls' night out on Saturday that ended with a victory dinner at the in-store cafe, my inner shopping diva is happy once again.