Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fondue fun

Imagine strolling down a road lined with charming boutiques and then stumbling onto a shop specializing in gourmet chocolates. You walk through the doors of the shop and learn that it is actually a cafĂ© that not only sells delectable chocolates in exquisite gift boxes, but also offers fondue on their menu. This was my experience on my last day in Chicago as I discovered Ethel’s Chocolate Lounge.

My fiancé and I would have been quite happy sipping on a couple of hot chocolates but opted for the fondue platter filled with fresh strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, graham crackers and pound cake. We dined upstairs in the loft and ignored the tinge of guilt we felt for bypassing a healthy lunch in favor of this decadent meal.


Leaving the lounge with our wonderful sugar highs, we vowed to dust off our fondue pot and give it an honorary spot between our toaster and rice cooker.

No comments: