Friday, June 21, 2013

Let It Snow!


Snowflake installation! (Photo by Derek Wong Photography)
Less than a week before Erin and Matt's wedding, we added a huge project to our plate - creating a hanging snowflake installation for their ceremony site! I accepted the job before I figured out exactly how I was going to produce it (not an uncommon thing for me). Without much time for experimentation, I quickly mapped out a plan to string 50 strands of clear and iridescent snowflakes, add some sparkle to catch the light, and weight each strand with a teardrop crystal. 

I'll be honest, this was a monstrous task that took a lot of helping hands to create, pack, deliver and install (stationers are not equipped to climb ladders and thankfully I left that up to the talented crew at Vignette). I was happy just to have completed the job on time but it wasn't until I saw photos of the snowflakes by candlelight, against the gorgeous draping, and hanging above Erin and Matt that I was really able to appreciate what we had created.

Exchanging vows... (Photo by Derek Wong Photography)


No comments: