Friday, June 28, 2013

A banner year

Photo by Kris Labang Photography | Drop dead gorgeous linen by Les Saisons
2013 has been a banner year for Emi Ink in many ways. For one, my fear of social media has gone from crippling and paralyzing to moderately anxiety-inducing (note the pretty new links to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest). I've managed to actually squeeze in a couple of much-needed getaways (working from the road wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be). Oh, and the other reason it's been a banner year? I make banners now.

So many options, too! Custom text, different fonts, oodles of ink colors, cool card stock, bling(yay), no bling (boo), pretty ribbon ties, rustic twine. I know people are visual creatures so I'm working on creating some samples that I can show at the next wedding expo.

And what would you do with a custom-printed banner? I'm so glad you asked. This is my top 10 list in no particular order (and just so you know, I'm writing these on-the-fly)...here we go:

  1. "LOVE IS SWEET" - hang it above your dessert table or candy buffet!
  2. "OH HAPPY DAY" - hang it in front of the head table
  3. "MR. AND MRS." - cutest ever photo prop!
  4. "THANK YOU" - ask your photographer to snap a shot of you and your newly betrothed holding this banner and print up sweet thank you cards
  5. "MAHALO" - see #4 (I swear I'm not getting lazy..."Mahalo" is just too important to leave out)
  6. "BRIDE'S NAME *heart* GROOM'S NAME" - another photo prop (and no extra charge for printing your real names)
  7. "HAPPILY EVER AFTER" - my personal favorite! head table, registration table, photo prop!
  8. "HERE" + "COMES" + "THE BRIDE" - cute little ring bearers and flower girls sometimes steal the show, and you can make them even cuter with their own little banners to hold
  9. "JUST MARRIED" - perfect for the head table or for photos!
  10. "DO NOT DISTURB" - for the bridal suite door! Just kidding. Or maybe not? Either way, I'll throw in #11 as a bonus suggestion. 
  11. "12.10.14" - a great way to commemorate your special date in photos
Like I said, it's a banner year! 

No comments: