Monday, December 7, 2009

Shifting gears a bit...


It's as if Santa Claus himself declared my office a satellite workshop for a dozen of his elves. Paper strewn about, scraps of ribbon scattered on the floor, a colorful explosion of holiday goodness. No elves here, though...just me. I made this mess all by myself.

Last week I participated in the annual fair at the East-West Center on the UH Manoa campus. Did I panic when I only had ONE notecard set ready to sell just a week prior to the fair? Yeah, a little. I knew that I had to work at the speed of light following the Thanksgiving holiday and my clean-ish office space suffered for it. No time to properly organize my supplies or even put my tools away after I used them. As my mom told me many times in my youth, it looked as if a hurricane had blown through my room.

But after the storm...

I was happy with the notecards, calendars and gift tags that I created for the show. A different assortment of goodies than in previous years and most of my inventory sold well. It was a nice two-day break from wedding invitations and event stationery, but now back to our regular programming.