Monday, June 1, 2009

Wedding Expo - check!

Happy Monday! It was a busy but fun weekend for me! The Wedding Expo went smoothly and and I got the chance to chat with so many happy couples and catch up with some wedding industry friends. My only regret is not being able to walk around the show floor - no time! -- to see the other booths. So I can't do a vendor wrap-up for you, but I can share a few pics from the Emi Ink booth. (Wish I could cue the Wrestlemania-type voiceover for the dramatic introduction, but some things are better left unsaid!)


This is my wall of invitations. Each piece is mounted between two acrylic squares and hung with an intricate (not really) series of chains and hooks. This display always attracts curious little hands that love to grab and pull and shake. Yeah, 'nuff said!

I redesigned this display board a few days ago on a whim and was thrilled by the response! I showcased some of the stationery pieces that were created for recent clients and wanted to inspire people to start thinking about not only invitations, but ceremony and reception stationery as well. Oftentimes, you wouldn't think about stationery as an integral part of your table decor, but with the right design elements the possibilities are endless! Oh, and I should give a little shout-out to my husband who suggested that I mount all those paper swatches to the center of the board. It took me a long time to put it together, but it was definitely worth it!

A little damask never hurt anyone. I love damask. I love people who love damask. This mini display and the black and white color combo got a lot of attention.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth! I'll be updating my online gallery soon with photos of recent projects, so check back soon!