Friday, November 21, 2008

6 1/2 weeks to go

I apologize for the sporadic blogging this past week. Things are definitely kicking into high gear around here and my one "simple" goal today is to figure out how I'm going to prioritize all the stuff on my task list, when really the only list I want to be dealing with right now is my Christmas list (no, I haven't even started this yet). But there's always a bright spot or two to look forward to despite the mad rush of the holiday season:

Thanksgiving FEAST! This will be the fourth meal that my husband I prepare for the family and I love it! It starts from the big trip to the grocery store(s) where we load up our carts and make up games to play while standing in the long lines at the register.

Craft fair time! My parents have been participating in fairs for over 20 years and the big holiday fair that starts the day after Thanksgiving at the Blaisdell Center is a BIG one. It's a lot of work for my folks but the rest of the family tries to help out as much as we can...and it gives me a good excuse to shop around for some cool handcrafted gifts made locally.

Christmas! Decorations, food, family, friends, shopping...love it all!

Vacation! We're heading home to visit my husband's family and friends for New Year's and it means a short but sweet getaway. My mother-in-law is probably hoping that we bring some warm weather with us, but I'm secretly hoping for snow.

Of course, there's a lot of work to be done before the year's up, but isn't there always?

Have a great weekend!