Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I spy...Emi Ink in the news!

I'm not ashamed to say that I let out a little squeal of excitement at the sight of my invitations in the Sunday newspaper. I may have even jumped out of bed and done a little happy dance in my PJs. But it's not like I told my husband to run out immediately and pick up 10 copies of the paper...we agreed that 3 copies was more than sufficient.

But seeing my designs -- vague ideas that once lived in my head that are now in print -- surrounded by my comments (eloquently translated by Nadine Kam, Style Editor for Honolulu Star-Advertiser), has left me with a feeling of...oh, what do you call it...something similar to and vaguely resembling...validation.

I love this job more than I thought I could love any job. I love my clients, love the design process, and I love the fact that everything that's cranked out in my studio will be part of a celebration of love, a milestone event, a fond remembrance, a very special occasion. But this job is also a lot of work and so often, the required multi-tasking is overwhelming and the days start to blend together with no beginning and no end.

It is such a nice boost to my energy (and mood) when I'm reminded of all the reasons I love what I do. ♥