Friday, November 16, 2012

Have a drink on us

I remember the first time I designed custom drink tickets. The coordinator had suggested it during the consultation and the couple and I were both delightfully surprised at the suggestion. It kind of went like this:

Coordinator: "Oh, how about custom drink tickets for your guests!"

Couple: "Huh?"

Me: "Huh?"

Followed by a half-second of silence, then:

Couple: "I love that idea!"

Me: "Awesome sauce! I can make little cards that coordinate with the design and color scheme of the invitation! I can even make double cards with a perforation across the middle! They will be so pretty that your guests won't want to turn them in for a drink! Can you possibly understand how excited I am to be designing this new and fantastic piece of stationery??!!"

At least, that's what I thought in my head. I'm sure I said something more along the lines of, "That would be lovely. I can definitely design something like that for you."

Sometimes the paper dork comes out in me...which is essential, I think, in making my clients happy.

No comments: