Monday, June 6, 2011

Love is in the air


So happy to feature Jessica (Emi Ink's fabulous intern) as a guest blogger today! If you stopped by my booth at the Hawaii Convention Center wedding expo in April, you may have spotted my beautiful new logo board. This is how it came to be...take it away, Jessica!

Ever since I've started working for Stacey at Emi Ink, my love has grown -- my love for paper, that is. I have been interning at Emi Ink for a little over seven months, and I am loving every second of it! Paper to me is what a football is to a quarterback, a pair of scissors is to a hairstylist, or a ladle to a chef. With that said, whatever paper-related task I receive, a warm and fuzzy feeling comes over me and a smile automatically switches on.

One of the projects Stacey had me do was her dream sign for her booth to display at the wedding expos. This task included cutting out Emi Ink's signature-styled cherry blossom flowers, sticking the flowers on letter blocks one by one, and a lot of patience. I was eager to start, but excitement was soon replaced by frustration as I put the cherry blossoms on the wrong side of the letter blocks twice! I have to admit that the fuzzy feeling dissipated. I'm glad it returned after the 2,000 metallic paper flowers, accented with crystal rhinestones, were glued onto the letters and the letters were positioned neatly on a canvas. When I first saw the completed sign displayed at the April wedding expo, I'm pretty sure my smile was as bright as the rhinestones that were studded in the middle of the cherry blossoms!

This marked the completion of my first big task for Emi Ink, and also the end of another successful wedding expo. To say the least, I am looking forward to many more to come!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

It turned out BEAUTIFUL!

emi said...

Yes, thanks to Jessica! I'm so happy with how it turned out!