Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Proof it. Proof it good.

There's nothing more frustrating than having to reprint a job because of a typo. Reprinting, for any reason, incurs extra time and cost...the very thing that brides and grooms want desperately to avoid.

I always urge my clients to have a parent or friend review their proofs because sometimes a fresh pair of eyes will catch something they didn't. Maybe the ceremony start time is off by an hour, maybe the reception venue address is missing a number, maybe the RSVP deadline is two weeks too late???

I've got a handful of invitation orders in the queue that are all in the proofing stage and I'm beginning to sound like a broken record: "Check the spelling of names, confirm addresses, times, dates...and then check it again!" If you mispell your future mother-in-law's name, you'll never hear the end of it. You've been warned.

Once your invitations are in the hands of your guests, any error that was overlooked can't easily be fixed. Take another ten minutes and go over your wording carefully, it's worth it.

Note: This post is dedicated to my own personal proofreader who never fails to catch my typos in this blog, which I THOUGHT were few and far between. Apparently not. Thanks, Mom.

No comments: