Thursday, July 2, 2009

Yoga...maybe?


I know people who do yoga. I know people who teach yoga. I know people who swear by the innumerable benefits that come from yoga. But I've never heard of a more convincing argument to do yoga than what I heard a couple days ago. Actually, it wasn't what I HEARD, but what I SAW that opened my eyes to the true power of yoga.

I visited my salon for a haircut and could not stop staring at the guns on my stylist. I finally had to ask, "How did you get your arms to look like that?" She said it was yoga. Not just any yoga, though...Bikram yoga. It's the sweat-like-a-pig-in-a-106-degree-room-and-burn-calories-like-there's-no-tomorrow kind of yoga. It's like regular yoga, but cranked up a notch or two (or ten). She said you have to get used to being in a room full of people sweating out all the toxins in their bodies and the accompanying "scent" that goes along with it, but it's the best workout regimen she's ever had.

I'm a believer. Maybe not a follower, but a big believer.