Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The write stuff


I have a client who's ordering custom guest book pages from me and she emailed this morning asking what pens I'd recommend using. Hmm, can you pick out my top two faves in the photo above?

I typically use matte cardstock vs. metallic cardstock on guest book pages for one reason - less possibility for smearing. And as a passionate advocate for "smear prevention," I typically favor fine tip ball point pens (I like the Pentel RSVP brand) or my new favorite, the fine tip Sharpie pen. This is different from the traditional Sharpie markers because it's supposed to be more pen-like and not bleed through paper. Works for me!

For ultimate cool factor, though, I always have my pink Retro Tornado pen on the ready. I guess it's only natural that my passion for paper would eventually lead to a passion for pens. *sigh*