Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rosalyn + Zevi: PART TWO

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.

This is one of the first things that Rosalyn and I discussed when we had our first consultation. We talked about an invitation that would represent Rosalyn's and Zevi's cultures while still maintaining an elegant and classic feel. It had to symbolize each distinct culture and also blend them together with one cohesive design. Not an impossible task, but definitely a challenging one.

We came up with a deep red double xi (double happiness) symbol encircled by the saying, "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" in both Hebrew and English. The interior of the invitation featured a watermark bamboo design behind the text to give it a softer feel.


(The photo at the top is the challah that Rosalyn and Zevi ordered from a small local Jewish deli. They "broke bread" before starting the nine course Chinese dinner.)

Thanks to Rosalyn and Zevi for sharing these beautiful photos - and memories - from their wedding. It's so amazing to hear about all the ways they personalized this very special day!