Monday, January 19, 2009

My weekend

Argh...I forgot my camera. For three days, I kept telling myself to remember my camera. Mission failed. No pics of my booth at the Bridal Expo this weekend, no pics of great new vendors that debuted at the show, no pics of anything that would be perfect to post on a Monday morning.

So, we'll do it old school this time with just words on a screen. :)

Photographers galore.
There were so many talented photographers at the show, but I have to give a special shout out to my neighbors, Kris Labang from On 3 Photography and Christie Pham from Christie Pham Photography. Check out their online portfolios...amazing.

Sweet treats.
Sometimes I'm able to sneak a bit of cake during the show, sometimes I'm not so lucky. This past weekend, I hit the jackpot. My favorite bites were from Satura Cakes - shortcake with fresh strawberries and vanilla cream + chocolate cake with chocolate ganache. Two heavenly flavors that made me light up.

Sexy lounging.
There's a new company called Vignette that rents sexy, chic furniture for your wedding celebration. Always wanted to create a posh lounge area for your guests to kick back in? Vignette is your answer. Their web site is in development so stay tuned.

DIY comeback.
Not that DIY ever went out of style, but savvy brides are rediscovering the joy in tackling do-it-yourself projects for their weddings. I frequent Ben Franklin often since it's a hop, skip and a jump away from my studio, but for a real treat, check out Creations By You on Liliha Street. This shop is full of little treasures in every aisle. Anything you could possibly need (and some things you never knew you needed) for your DIY wedding, can be found here. I particularly love their favor boxes and RIBBON! If I could have a ribbon display like that in my studio...just to look at...I'd be in heaven.

New stuff at Emi Ink
Oops, almost forgot to write about my own booth! I released several new designs at the show and have added them to my web site. Also had the chance to add a few more images to my online gallery - finally! I'll highlight some of my favorite new designs in my blog this week, so be sure and check back later!

That's it. Your very non-visual wrap-up of the show. :)