Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The last straw


Take a good look at the picture above. If you are a bride-to-be, there's something in the photo that will be vitally important to you on your wedding day.

Hint: It's not the tropical cocktail. (Okay, maybe it could be the tropical cocktail, but we'll save that for another post!)

It's the STRAW.

For reasons to be revealed at a later date, I spent a lot of time reminiscing about my wedding this past weekend. From proposal, to frenzied planning, to beautiful storybook ending, I virtually relived the entire experience while jotting down the most memorable, most touching, and most impossible to predict moments throughout our journey. Anyway, tucked away among the many fabulous wedding memories that I have, I was surprised to find that there was also a little, tiny speck of a memory involving a drinking straw...or lack thereof.

Here's my pearl of wisdom for the day:

Make sure you have some drinking straws for you and your bridesmaids as you're prepping for your photos and your big walk down the aisle. Once your makeup is done and your lip stain and lip gloss have been applied to give you the perfectly pouty look, the last thing you'll want to do is take a drink from a cup or water bottle. Sure, you can reapply your lipstick later, but a straw will make things a whole lot easier.

(I happened to have ONE straw in the room leftover from my Starbucks iced coffee that morning, but I had THREE bridesmaids in the room. You do the math.)