Monday, October 10, 2011

Wedding Expo recap...and some rambling

The Thing That I Forgot
Oops, I kinda missed the boat on this one. Emi Ink participated in the Hawaii World Class Wedding Expo this past weekend over at the Convention Center and I had wanted to do a quick post to invite everyone to visit our booth. Unfortunately, time got away from me (shocking, I know). Can we just pretend that the invitation got lost in the mail?

The Part Where I Ramble
I had fun chatting with brides (and grooms!) and I finally got to show off all the new stuff that's been keeping me busy these past few months. Luckily, I had Jessica (aka Super Intern) helping me out in the booth and coaching me through my first attempt to Facebook via my iPhone. Honestly, I don't think I could do much beyond blogging without this trusty 19-year-old secret weapon at my side. She's so patient with me and never makes fun of my silly questions even though we both know that I'm a bit hopeless. I mean it's a little embarrassing that I can never go directly to my business page without first doing an actual search for my business name...I go to the search box, start typing in "Emi" and then I have to ignore the first search result which is always "Eminem." This amuses me EVERY SINGLE TIME because I wonder if someone has ever searched for "Eminem" and then accidentally found my page instead? What a rude awakening that would be! Oh, and then there's the search result that pops up AFTER my business name...Emi Ink Tattoo. Wow. Again, the thought of someone searching for a company to ink their Celtic tribal full arm sleeve and arriving in a world of chartreuse and plum wedding stationery accented with Swarovski crystals just makes me chuckle. I'm easily amused.

I'd Like To Thank The Academy
A BIG mahalo goes out to Jessica (naturally), Les Saisons for dressing my tables in a gorgeous platinum linen, Menehune Mac for the perfect treats to fill my favor boxes, Menehune Mac (again) for including some of my stationery pieces in their beautiful new booth display, Bit of Sugar for the most adorable cupcakes to show off my cupcake sleeves and mini cupcake boxes, Sonya (she's kind of a rock star and just goes by one name in my book) for being my go-to-gal for a lot of my production needs, and a special thank you to my set-up crew (aka my parents). I think it's safe to say that I have the most "senior" set-up crew in the wedding industry but don't let their retiree status fool you...they hustle, take direction very well, and their seasoned craft fair know-how is a big help to me during my early morning set-up. And plus, they work for free.

Ok, the real wedding expo recap is coming later this week complete with pictures!

No comments: