Thursday, April 7, 2011

Postal rates going up on April 17, 2011

Dear USPS,
You are the bane of my existence...yet without you, I would be nothing. For months you taunt me with rumors of rate hikes, then tease me with the possibility of stable and unchanging rates, and then slay me with confirmation of said rate hikes during the peak gotta-mail-invitations-now-for-all-the-summer-weddings season. I know that I'm at your mercy, but you can't make me love you.

Signed,
A begrudgingly faithful stationery designer

Ok, enough melodramatic stuff. Take note of this date, people: April 17, 2011. Postal rates ARE going up on this day, and you can read up on all the changes at the USPS website here. Personally, I dislike wading through mountains of information and found this handy table which outlines the stuff that I'm most interested in as these are the common weights/prices I encounter in mailing out event stationery.
via Endicia.com
If you're in doubt about anything having to do with mailing your pretty little invites, head to your local post office and ask away. Better to ask the experts than deal with a mailing or postage snafu.

No comments: