Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back to the drawing board

About a month ago I started working with a bride on Kauai who had an interesting vision for her invitations. While I can't reveal the finished invitation til after the wedding, I can share one design element that was very important to the bride. She requested that blue jade flowers be the main focal point and sent me half a dozen photos for inspiration. This image shows the original photo that I referenced, and the original illustration that resulted from it. To incorporate all the elements that the bride requested, I took a little bit of artistic license with the flower and gave it a green stem to match the green vines that were cascading down the side of her invitation.

It was a challenging design both creatively and logistically since we were on an extremely tight timeline, but I think my bride will be happy with her vision come to life!

No comments: