Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ocean inspiration

Back in December I received an email inquiry from a bride who wanted to incorporate a painting by a local Kailua artist into her wedding invitation. I asked her to send me the link to the artist's website and instantly fell in love with the gorgeous print that she had in mind:

"Ebb and Flow" by Colin Redican
We had a tight production timeline so I had the bride contact the artist, Colin Redican, right away to seek permission to reprint. A day later, I forwarded a copy of the invitation mock-up for his review and with his swift approval, printing was underway! The couple's beachside wedding and affinity for the ocean was reflected perfectly in this beautiful print.

I'll have a sample of this custom oversized 7"x7" invitation on display in the Emi Ink booth at the Hawaii Wedding Expo (April 29-30 @ the Hawaii Convention Center).

No comments: