Monday, November 30, 2009

my cyber monday deal


This is the Cyber Monday deal that I found on Amazon.com this morning: a 1-year subscription to Real Simple for $5.

Obviously it's not the most exciting deal out there, but it's the perfect gift for me...from me. It's exactly what I wanted, I know it'll fit, and I didn't have to spend too much money on it. Yes, I have a real knack for selecting gifts for myself. I've had lots of practice.

The real reason for my Cyber Monday purchase is because I was feeling a little out of the loop since missing out on all the Black Friday deals. I was tied up with other commitments that kept me far from the big shopping malls, but I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to venture into the mob-like scenes on Friday...or Saturday...or even Sunday. I'll probably sneak in a weekday or two of shopping while most people are working and their kiddies are in school. An empty mall is a happy place for me since the kung fu fighting shopping skills that I mastered in my younger years are a bit rusty.

Ahh, Christmas in T-minus 26 days. Let the games begin.