Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween is over already?


I wish I could say that I've been hibernating this past month. Far from it. The challenge of moving (packing + unpacking + cleaning + home renovation projects) has left me with only fleeting moments of downtime. Even as I type this, I'm surrounded by only half an office: half of my things have been moved to my new studio space, half of my things remain in the old space. Add to this my ramped up workload for all the spring weddings just around the corner, and it's no wonder that my blog has been collecting dust.

A friend of mine commented that I should have been blogging about all the trials and tribulations that I experienced throughout the home buying process and our big move, but do I really want to relive the hundreds of trips to Home Depot? Or my surprising obsession with perfectly positioned canned goods with all labels facing front? Let me just say that we're making progress and I'm thrilled not to be brushing my teeth in the kitchen anymore.

This week I'm racing to finish a whole bunch of projects for a lovely couple on Kauai getting married next Saturday. It's been a whirwind of designing and proofing with a flurry of email exchanges everyday...I'm just as excited to see the finished products as they are!