Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bag-a-licious


I recently experienced a delightful series of mistakes.

My first mistake was checking out the limited time Kate Spade online sample sale.
"I'm not going to buy anything, I'm just going to look."

My second mistake was browsing through the handbags section and eyeing a particularly chic bag.
"This bag would be perfect for carrying my sample books to consultations."

My third mistake was falling in love with said bag and realizing that it was actually a BABY bag.
"It comes with a changing pad? What am I supposed to do with that?"

My fourth mistake was emailing my girlfriend about this perfect work/BABY bag.
"Please tell me all the reasons why I NEED this bag."

My fifth and final mistake was waking up the next morning and thinking about the bag even before I said "good morning" to my husband.
"Honey, I saw this great bag that I want to buy...but it's a business expense. Really!"

Four days later and it's already broken in and proven its worth. It has two side pockets perfect for my water bottles (yeah, I know this is where the baby's bottles are supposed to go), a waterproof lining (in case I spill an open bottle of Sierra Mist....been there, done that), and a pretty green changing pad for...I'm still stumped on this one but I WILL find a good use for this.

They say you always learn from your mistakes. I learned that I lack willpower when looking at pretty bags.