Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Poetry by design


I'm a closet bookmarker. It's only natural considering all the blogs and web sites that I whiz through in any given month. Friends and clients send me cool links all the time and when I don't have time to browse at leisure, I quickly bookmark the page with every intention of revisiting the site at a later date. I'm guessing that by the time I retire, I'll have amassed approximately 856,232 bookmarks to keep me busy during my golden years.

During a recent (and rare!) break in my daily routine, I revisited the web site of San Francisco-based jewelry designer, Jeanine Payer. Hand-etched poems transform her rings, bracelets, and necklaces into treasured keepsakes that are unlike anything I've seen before. Shown above is the Ko silver keychain with etching on the front and back:

"May the sun bring you new energy by day,
May the moon softly restore you by night,
May the rain wash away your worries,
May the breeze blow new strength into your being,
May you walk gently through the world
and know its beauty all the days of your life. "

-Apache Blessing